Monday, July 21, 2014

Mangled Hearts By Felicia Tatum

Mangled Hearts
By Felicia Tatum
 
Francesca and Cade
Can two loves find their way back to each other despite an addiction and a hardened heart? Will their love overcome it all?
Francesca Taymon is young, successful, and broken. A tragic accident years ago haunts her to this day, and she blames only one person--the one that holds her heart. When she finally gets her first case, will she be able to handle seeing him again? Can she do her job and keep her heart intact?
Cade Kelling doesn’t take life seriously. He’s reckless and irresponsible, drinking all his problems away. When his parents bail him out for the last time, will he be able to handle seeing Francesca after all of these years? Will he be able to tell her what really happened that night 5 years ago or will he lose her forever?
And the most important question….
Can these mangled hearts be mended?
 
~*~BUYLINKS~*~
#1 I nodded. “Ok, and the name?” “His son’s name is Cade Kelling.” My heart stopped. The shaking of my hand caused the pen to fall and roll across the desk. I watched it make its way all the way to the edge, falling in slow motion to the floor. I’d stopped breathing. I gazed up at Mr. Phillips, trying to make words come out of my mouth. “Cade Kelling?” I choked out. “Yes, do you know him?” I nodded slightly. Oh, boy did I know him.

#2 I didn’t even notice when he walked by me on the sidewalk. Or when he stopped a few yards from me, and came back in my direction to take a seat beside me. “Hey. Do you want a cracker?” a velvet voice asked me. I didn’t look up, I wasn’t sure if he was even talking to me. Why would an attractive senior be talking to me? “Hey, I’m talking to you,” he said, a chuckle in his voice. I slowly lifted my head, peering at him from under my long lashes. His dark brown hair swept across his forehead, and his deep blue eyes made me gasp. He wore the ultimate laid back style, a white t-shirt and jeans. All he needed was a black leather jacket, and he would be the bad boy from my book. The smile on his face was breathtaking, and I found myself unable to speak. “Hi, I’m Cade,” he said, a huge grin on his handsome face. “Hi, I’m Francesca.”
 
#3 I knew it was stupid and reckless to bring myself into her life. I was the worst kind of guy for her, into all the wrong things, but something about her made me want to be…more. The first time I saw her beautiful face was during lunch. She was stuck in a little hole in the wall, her nose deep into a book. Her dark blonde hair fell around her face, and she absent mindedly pushed it behind her ear, not once looking up from her book. People walked around her, came close to stepping on her, completely ignored her…and all I could do was stare. I couldn’t tear my eyes away. Two weeks after that, I’d followed her bus to the next bus stop. I prayed to be the one driving her home someday soon

#4 I cast my eyes down, letting her tear me a new one. Everything she said was right. I was stupid. My drinking had caused her enough pain, and now I was pulling this. “I’m sorry, Francesca. You’re completely right. I wasn’t thinking. And I’m sorry to bring back thoughts of the accident,” I told her, scraping my chair back to stand. “I think it’s time I head home.” She didn’t budge, but called out, “You don’t have to remind me of the accident. I’m haunted by it every single day.” I opened the door, and slipped out. I inhaled the fresh air, and closed my eyes. She’d stolen my heart, and in return, I’d ruined her life.

#5 I pushed him off me, yelling, “Get away!” His hands moved upward, trying to grope me, when a strong body pulled me away. I looked around, shocked to see Cade rescuing me. “Don’t touch her,” he commanded. His eyes were wide, angry, his voice deep and threatening. He, too, smelled like alcohol, but I didn’t care in this moment. He was here getting this creep away from me. His hands held me tightly, pressing my body to his. My breath quickened being so close to Cade. He sensed my distress, giving me a slight squeeze. “Hey, she was dancing with me,” Ryan declared, puffing his chest out, making himself look like a fish of some sort. He was at least a foot shorter than Cade, his body could be smashed in seconds. I laughed, loudly, as I imagined Cade squashing him like a bug. “Now she’s not. Go,” Cade said, pointing towards the door. His nostrils flared. He was angry.


BIO:


Felicia Tatum was born and raised in Tennessee. She always loved reading, and at the age of twelve began writing. Her passion for creating stories grew and in May 2012, she finally wrote her first novel, The White Aura.
She still lives in Tennessee with her daughter and her kitty. She loves cooking, books, and animals are some of her best friends. She watches a lot of Disney channel and often dreams up new book ideas. She's currently working on various projects, including the rest of the White Aura Series, the Scarred Hearts Series, and a novella series. Her dream is to write as many books as possible while entertaining as many people as possible.

ONLINE LINKS:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting today :)